Wednesday, June 26, 2013

You find out who your friends are

Real friends are there for you no matter what. They are boldly honest even when they know you don't want to hear it and you're probably going to get your feelings hurt.

I started my weight loss journey the last week of September of 2012. I started this journey with a friend.  Someone that I have knew for a long time. Over the years we have grown apart and I thought we had grown closer and back together. 

I realize now that we have gotten closer but not in all the ways I had thought or even hoped we would have. I still love her like a sister and I know she is always there if I need her but we are two different people at two different places in our lives.

Someone told me that weight loss does one of two things it brings people together or it will tear them apart. I have found this to be very true. I have noticed that I find myself getting upset with friends I have had my whole life because they will say something about what I am doing. I get upset because they have ever had to struggle with their weight and yet all of a sudden they know it all. I get upset with family members because they try to tell me that the program doesn't work, yet here I am 32lbs smaller because of the program.

I don't say anything to the people that upset me however, I usually just let it go and complain to someone else about it. I have also seen it bring me closer to people that I haven't been close to in years! And I have met lots of new people as well. Something that I didn't think would happen. I can sit here and tell you honestly that I am very happy about this journey and all that comes with it!! The good, the bad, and the ugly!!

Just remember to value your friends! I know I do, which is why when they hurt me, I let it sit for a while and look at the big picture before telling them I am hurt. I need to sit back and see where they are coming from. True friends are being honest with you they are not trying to hurt you. You find out who your friends are because you will tell them you are hurt because of what they said or did and when you wake up tomorrow they are still there. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment