Sunday, May 5, 2013

May's Fitness Challenges

Notice the word Challenges in the title of this post, Yes I am doing more than one fitness challenge in the month of May. This is a couple of reasons, first I am pretty sure I have it a plateau inmy weight loss and I think this might help. Secondly I figure why not?

I am getting sick of this up and down every week. I know it happens in weight loss and I know I have loss alot of weight already but I also know that I still have a ways to go and in order for me to continue to loose weight I need to change things up a little and actually challenge myself. I think my body is starting to get used to all the activity that I have been doing the last couple of months so this is a good way to mix things up and jump start my weight loss again.

This post I am going to leave you with the different challenges that I am going to do this month. I challenge each and every one of you to join me and start your own weight loss journey. I should tell you that even if you don't have weight to loose and you are at a healthy weight joining me in these challenges will allow you to be a healthier you!!





Challenge one is the plank challenge. I am doing this with one of my best friends. She is the girl that asked me if I could do a plank about a week ago and the answer was hell no!!! I am now up to 45 second hold. Come on who is with us???



Challenge two is 52 miles in May. I saw this on Instagram and decided to give it a try. I am training for a 5K and need to add up those miles anyway so why not push myself to finish 52 miles in a month. Really shouldn't be too hard since I've been doing about 5 miles a day and I only need a little less than 2 a day to meet this goal.




This is my before and during picture. I didn't realize how far I had come until I made this picture. While it may time some time for me to get to my goal weight I will get there. This picture is the lock screen on my phone and when ever I am feign down I look at this picture and I see who I used to be and who I am now!! I will not go back to the old me.



I will end this post with what keeps me focused....my goal jars. I made these jars with a dear friend of mine when I first joined weight watchers and I as loose more weight I move the marbles from one jar to the other. This keeps me focused because I hate having to move backward.

No comments:

Post a Comment