Sunday, May 12, 2013

It's Just One Day

For me Mother's Day this year didn't last just one day it was an entire weekend. On Saturday, my husband decided to keep our children all day so I could spend the day with my mom and my aunt. We went out shopping and then to lunch. When I got home, my husband informed me that he was taking the kids out for the evening so that I was able to relax.

On Sunday, I had breakfast, bacon and eggs. My husband allowed me to spend the entire afternoon just the kids and I while he took his mom out to lunch. My kids ages 2 and 4 had gone out with my husband to get me gifts yesterday, 2 packs of socks, a necklace, earrings, and 2 potted plants. I had planned on cooking dinner and right as I was about to start my husband says "oh yeah, I am getting you a crabcake from Sterlings, you're not going to cook today."

Needless to say I went all out and got the whole platter, crabcake, french fries and mac and cheese. I didn't eat all of it but I had a big enough amount and it was good....lol I have also been informed that once the kids are in bed he has a special dessert planned for us.

My weight watchers weigh-in is Tuesday and up until this weekend I was feeling very good about it. Now not so much....LOL I have decided however, that I am not going to let one day, or one weekend define my entire week. I will continue to track my food the rest of the week and I will continue to get in my activity this week.

At the beginning of the week I told myself that I was going to challenge myself and not step on the scale a single time this week. For many this isn't a problem at all, for me on the other hand this is a huge struggle!! I am fine until midweek, I always weigh myself on either Friday or Saturday morning and then every morning after that until Tuesday. On Tuesday I think I step on that scale every time I walk into the bathroom!! After the weekend I have had I really want to get on the scale and see how much "damage" I have done. I can tell you though that I have not even touched the scale!! I have thought about it and I have even reached for it but I have not once gone all the way and pulled it out to stand on!!

I know that I can make it until Tuesday evening and wait until my weigh-in to see how I have done this week. Tomorrow I will track all my food and I will run in the morning. I will do my cardio workout in the afternoon and I will walk in the evening. Tomorrow I will get back on track with the plank challenge and I will add up my miles for May to see where I stand.

I will not let one day/weekend define my week. If I gain, then I gain. This is a journey and it will take longer than overnight for the weight to come off. I leave you with this, a few pictures of how I spent my Mother's Day.
Hanging out with my wonderful children

In this fabulous dress that fits for the first time in two years!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment