Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A day in the life

Do you ever feel like there's no possible way that you can fit a workout into your busy day? Well I am here to tell you all about my busy day and how I am able to fit in a workout at home without a gym. I will tell you that while it is VERY possible to loose weight without a gym, it more than likely will take a little longer. I am totally okay with that, at least for now. I have however been thinking about joining a gym and I can tell you that by the end of the year, or beginning of next year I will more than likely give in and join a gym. But until then I will tell you this is my day.

I get up at 5:40 each morning and get a shower, then I get the kids up between 6 and 6:30 to get them dressed and feed them breakfast. (This isn't as easy a task as you may think. My children are 2 & 4 years old and love their sleep...just like their mommy) Most days between 6:30 and 7:00 the 6 month old I babysit gets dropped off so I am now getting my children ready and fed while tending to the baby. I then fix my son's lunch for school (If it wasn't packed the night before) I somehow find the time to throw some frozen fruit in the blender with 1 cup of fat free milk and fat free frozen yogurt, push the milkshake button and gather the kids shoes. By this point the blender is done so I pour it into a cup and after I'm done fighting with the kids about breakfast we put shoes on and are out the door by 7:15-7:20. I walk my son to school, let my daughter play on the playground for a few minutes and then we make our way back home.

My daughter isn't a big breakfast person so she is now hungry and the baby needs a diaper change and his medicine. My daughter will now eat the breakfast she didn't want earlier while I make the baby a bottle and feed him. By now it's about 9:30 the children will play while I try to get some stuff done for Sunday School (I teach the preschool class at our church and try to take 30-45min a day to plan for the next weeks lesson) My husband gets home from work around 10:15 (he works at night) When he gets home, I fix him something to eat, my daughter has a morning snack and the baby eats as well. It's about 11:15 by time the dishes are done and by noon my daughter is ready for lunch and the baby gets is snack. Both children go down for a nap around 12:30. This is when I will clean up around the house. I dust, sweep and mop the floor, wash the windows, straighten up the toys, and bedrooms, clean the bathroom, basically whatever needs to be done. At 2 I get both children up and we walk to pick my son up from school.

After letting him play on the playground for a little while with his friends from school we come home, the baby gets a bottle and eats. Then my son needs help with his homework. At 4-4:30 the baby gets picked up and I start to cook dinner (I try not to cook anything that is going to take more than 30-45 min to cook) Dinner is as close to 5 as possible, after dinner is dishes and the children play for about an hour before it's time to get baths and go to bed. My little ones are in bed by 8 each night and I can then prep for the next day. I lay out both children's clothes as well as my husband's work clothes, and I pack a lunch for my son and my husband for the next day. Sometimes I will also get breakfast ready for the next day but not very often. I myself am usually so run down that I am in bed by 9 or 9:30.

This isn't every single thing I do in a day, but it gives you a pretty good idea of how busy I am and yet I have been able to loose 35lbs in a little less than a year. I say this because my husband tells me all the time "you didn't put the weight on overnight, it's not going to come off overnight either." This is so very true. It took me almost 4 years to gain that 35lbs that I lost in under a year!! So it did come off in 1/4 the time it took me to gain it, that's pretty awesome!

On Tuesday and Thursday my husband has class, my son bowls on Saturday mornings, My weight watchers meeting is on Tuesday and I teach Sunday School and on the first Monday of the month I have a meeting at the VFW, my husband has union meeting on the second Sunday and I shoot shuffle bowl on Friday nights. I will get up at 5am sometimes and workout while watching the news in my bedroom, or take my hour from 12:30-1:30 and do a workout DVD. I take the kids to the park and run the track while they play. There are ways to fit in a workout and if I can do it, than anyone can do it.

In a few short days I will be adding a 9 week old to the mix. It is hard to fit in a workout every day but I can tell you that it is worth it!!!

Try to sit down and write out what you do daily and look for the little gaps where you can fit in a 15 minute workout, doing this a few times a day will make a big difference. I know you can do it. You are worth it!!

Tune in tomorrow to see what I will share next :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment